History of the Newport Aquarium
Imagine a million gallons of water filled with thousands of kinds of fish and aquatic wildlife! That is what you will find at the Newport Aquarium in Newport, Kentucky. The aquarium has 14 galleries, and 70 exhibits. What’s really cool about this aquarium is that it has five tunnels made of acrylic that are over 200 feet long! So you can stroll down these tunnels and look right through that transparent acrylic at all these beautiful fish nose to nose.
The Newport Aquarium is open every day of the year, and is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Newport Aquarium is part of the Herschend Family and Entertainment Corp. This is a “for-profit” company.
The Aquarium opened its doors to the public in May of 1999. One of the famous displays you will find is a pair of shark rays, one male and one female named “Scooter” and “Sweet Pea.” These are the only known pair of breeding shark rays in captivity. The Aquarium also received a baby shark ray named “Sunshine” that came all the way from Taiwan back in 2009.
Find Promotional Discounts, Coupon Codes, and Deals for Newport Aquarium
You can find Newport Aquarium coupons in your local newspaper inserts, however the best deal is advertised at their website, Newportaquarium.com. At this site you can buy what is called an “Annual Pass” for only $42. This Annual Pass gives you unlimited admission to the Newport Aquarium. You can visit them every day if you like and never have to pay another dollar for admission for the whole year! That’s a pretty good deal, and in addition to this there are all these benefits listed below, but only for those who purchase an “Annual Pass.”
Keep in mind that the Annual Pass pays for itself in just two visits!
- Unlimited visits to the Newport Aquarium for 365 days.
- $2.00 off the regular admission ticket for each and every guest you bring
- Receive E-mail invitations for pass holder previews, overnights, or other events
- Annual Pass holder News Hotline available at 859-815-1450
- Our e-newsletter “In Depth” sent to you four times a year
In addition to these benefits you can save even more money!
- Receive a 15% discount at the Newport Aquarium’s Sharky’s Café
- A 15% discount at the Newport Aquarium’s Gift Shop
- Enjoy a 10% discount at Amazing Pictures at Newport Aquarium
- Take a 15% discount at the Sweet Dreams Candy Company located on the Aquarium plaza
- One free kids meal with one purchased adult meal at Hofbrauhaus. Only one per table.
- A 50% admission to Shadowbox Cabaret. Only valid on Thursday at 7:30, Friday at 10:30 or Saturday at 10:30. Not valid for Holiday Hoopla. Reservations required.
- Receive $5 off admission to White Water Park and Silver Dollar City located in Branson, Missouri
- Also a $3 off admission to the Louisville Zoo
Children under 2 years of age are always free!
Build your own package! We customize to fit your family!
$42.00 – For one adult (ages 13 – 64)
$38.00 – For a one senior (65+)
$28.00 – For one child (2 – 12)
(All Prices include tax)
If you have additional questions, please call (859) 261-7444.
Don’t forget to see the Penguin Parade held every day 15 minutes after opening!
The parade starts each morning on the plaza in front of the Aquarium. The penguins arrive in their brand new Penguin Mobile. These penguins are not the ones from the arctic, these are warm-weather African penguins named Randy, Paula, Simon and Kara.
The event is free, and each day one child will be chosen to be the Grand Marshall of the Penguin Parade!